publication date: Mar 13, 2017
author/source: Jaime Oikle with Glenn Cybulski
Jaime has an in-depth conversation with Glenn Cybulski, co-founder of Persona Wood-Fired Pizzeria, a 7-location franchise with locations in several states around the country.
It's a must-listen session covering a wide range of tips across the spectrum of restaurant operations, including...
- How being different is important to your restaurant
- How to approach local marketing when looking to build your customer base
- What social channels to use online
- How to bake profits into your operation with effective systems
- How your location and lease structure will impact the success of your restaurant
- Why so many established restaurants are closing today and what to do about it
- Why it's important to have role models in the business
- and more...
Quotes & thoughts I loved from the call...
- "You have to have confidence in your product."
- "We always start with guerilla marketing in a new location to build anticipation."
- "The bottom line is that Facebook works for businesses, period."
- "Make offers -- don't ask, don't get."
- "I've failed before...and this is why you need to listen to me..."
- "Your restaurant needs to be boring." (make sure you catch this part...)
- "If you're putting out fires all the time, then you're not able to build your business."
- "If you're standing still, you're going backwards in this business."
- "What are people going to think about you when deciding where to eat out?"
- "Watch the pennies...the dollars will follow..."