Restaurant Lessons: Mark McDonnell on 27+ Years Building His Business
Jaime speaks with long-time RunningRestaurants.com member and restaurateur Mark McDonnell of LaSalle Grill in South Bend, IN about the success factors in his business.
A Four Diamond Award winner 22 years in a row, we talk about what it takes to keep pushing the business forward after all these years.
We touch on...
- How Mark got started in the business and how LaSalle came to be
- Today vs. yesteryears and how things keep changing...
- The appeal of local products on the menu
- The power of a restaurant being effectively involved in the community
- How commitments and standards can get everyone on the same page
- How to stay dedicated to your pre-shift as an important knowledge & sales builder
- Why linking out to TripAdvisor & Yelp can be good for business
- Why & how a catering division can fatten the bottom line and take the pressure off
- and a whole lot more...